ANGOP - Angola Press News AgencyANGOP - Angola Press News Agency

Go to homepage
Luanda

Max:

Min:

Home » News » Health

Thu, 06 Aug 2020 14:06 - Updated Thu, 06 Aug 2020 14:05

Covid-19: Cunene confirms another positive case

Ondjiva- The province of Cunene has registered another positive case of Covid-19 and a patient recovered for the last 24 hours, said Wednesday in Ondjiva, the spokesman of the Provincial Multi-sectoral Commission for Pandemic Prevention and Fight, Felix Belarmino.

Send by email

To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send

Correct

To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send

Speaking to Angop, Félix Belarmino said it was the third case imported from Luanda that the province registered, involving a 42-year-old national, who had been under quarantine in one of Ondjiva's centres since 20 July.

He said the patient is asymptomatic and is already isolated in one of the health units in the Naipalala district, on the outskirts of the city of Ondjiva, accompanied by the health team.

He explained that the patient was part of 12 suspicious cases that were under investigation, and out of 10 tests with confirmed results, nine were negative and two are awaiting proper confirmation.

Meanwhile, Félix Belarmino asked the population to comply with the prevention measures, such as tirelessly washing their hands with soap and water, sanitising themselves with alcohol gel, wearing a face mask and observing social distance.

The health service in Cunene province tested 583 citizens in institutional and home quarantine by 30 July, in less than a week, after the first two positive cases in that southern province, which has eight institutional quarantine centres.

Read also