Thu, 09 Jan 2020 18:27 - Updated Thu, 09 Jan 2020 17:00
Rain claims two lives in Cabinda
Cabinda - Two people from the same family were killed and 150 houses flooded following heavy rain that fell Wednesday in Cabinda.
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
Speaking to Angop today, Civil Protection and Fire Service spokesman, Patrick Henrique Brás said the deaths (40-year-old mother and 10-year-old daughter) were caused by the partial collapse of a wall of the residence where they lived, in the 1 de Maio ward.
He also mentioned the partial destruction of the bridge that connects the villages of Buco-Ngoio and Zongolo in the Nhama stream, the flooding of 150 houses in the 1º de Maio neighborhood in Uneca, Luvassa sul and Kibumbu areas.
Floods were also reported in the area of workshop and transport services of the national police, in the roundabouts of the city of Cabinda (Chilonago, Rua do Comércio) and the secondary and tertiary roads that were impassable.
A six-year-old child died and six members of his family were injured in the Mbemba Nagango neighborhood outside the city of Uige, as well as 200 people were left homeless in the Uige and Negage municipalities as a result of rain that has fallen over the past two days in the province.
Speaking to Angop today, the spokesman of the Civil Protection and Fire Service in Uíge, Junior João Changa, said that the rain accompanied by strong winds flooded 38 houses, of which 28 in the municipality of Uíge and 10 in Negage, all of them built in dangerous areas and on the banks of rivers and ditches.
- 18/10/2019 15:40:44
Cabinda - The remains of the last two Angolans who had been admitted in the Luanda-based specialized units, victims of burns, were buried on Friday in the Cabinda municipal cemetery and Necuto-Buco-Zau Commune (Cabinda province).
- 22/09/2019 11:32:09
Cabinda - At least fourteen people were seriously injured as a result of a fire that broke out Saturday afternoon at Zambiami Company in Cabinda.
- 20/06/2019 17:58:48
Cabinda - The governor of Cabinda, Eugénio Laborinho, defended Thursday to redouble measures of surveillance and protection of strategic infrastructures as a way to avoid vandalism and sabotage.