ANGOP - Angola Press News AgencyANGOP - Angola Press News Agency

Go to homepage
Luanda

Max:

Min:

Home » News » Society

Mon, 12 Oct 2020 07:01 - Updated Mon, 12 Oct 2020 07:01

Governor of Cabinda pleased with PIIM works implementation

Cabinda - The governor of Cabinda, Marcos Nhunga, was satisfied with the progress of the rehabilitation and expansion works of the municipal hospital and 12-classroom schools, in the municipality of Belize, as well as the District Court (Buco-Zau), inserted in the Integrated Program of Intervention in Municipalities (PIIM).

Send by email

To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send

Correct

To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send

Cabinda: Partial view of the Belize municipality administration residence

Photo: Pedro João

In a statement to the press, at the end of a fact-finding visit to the said infrastructures, the governor said that the works are proceeding at a good pace, taking into account the delivery times.

On the occasion, Marcos Nhunga asked the construction and inspection companies to fulfil the contracts and delivery periods of the works, without discouraging the quality of the works, an element which he considered fundamental for the durability of the buildings.

"The PIIM works are progressing and are very well. We are now redefining the construction project, in Buco-Zau, of 120 flats, as well as the rehabilitation and asphalting of the three kilometres of the main roads in the municipality's headquarters and fighting the ravines in the municipality of Necuto", he said.

Cabinda province has benefited from over four billion kwanzas from the PIIM, which are being applied in the 65 social projects that have been approved, with a focus on construction, rehabilitation and expansion of infrastructures in the education and health sectors, road network, basic sanitation and public lighting.

Read also
  • 29/08/2020 10:32:43

    Covid-19: Over 300 Angolans return home from Congo, DRC

    Cabinda- At least 363 Angolans have returned to the northern Cabinda Province, after being stranded for several months in the Republic of Congo and the DR Congo, following the outbreak, last March, of the Covid-19 pandemic.

  • 04/08/2020 11:11:24

    Cabinda: Governor defends closer collaboration with population

    Cabinda - Governor of the northern Cabinda province Marcos Alexandre Nhunga urged Monday the municipal administrators to get closer to the members of the civil society to ensure a transparent management in the community’s development projects.

  • 26/07/2020 09:47:35

    Covid-19: 72 Angolans return home

    Cabinda - Seventy-two Angolan citizens who had been stranded in the Republic of the Congo returned last Saturday to the country’s northen Cabinda province, through Massabi road at border with the Point Noir.